TO IMPROVE EFFICIENCY IN THE DELIVERY OF
PUBLIC SERVICE BY REDUCING BUREAUCRATIC RED TAPE
PURPOSE OF CITIZEN’S CHARTER
To promote transparency in the DENR with regard to the manner of transacting with the public through the simplification of frontline service procedures, formulation of service standards for every transaction, and making these known to the customer.
The DENR is the primary government agency responsible for the conservation, management, development and proper use of the country’s environment and natural resources.
A nation enjoying and sustaining its natural resources and a clean and healthy environment.
The DENR shall be the driving force in the pursuit of sustainable development, enabling stakeholders’ participation in the protection, conservation and management of the environment and natural resources for the present and future generations.
In pursuit of the foregoing, the fast, efficient and satisfactory performance of the following frontline services of the DENR may be demanded by customers:
- APPLICATION FOR FREE PATENT
- ISSUANCE OF SURVEY AUTHORITY
- ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATE OF TREE PLANTATION OWNERSHIP (CTPO)
- ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATE OF VERIFICATION(CUTTING/ TRANSPORT NON-WOOD FOREST PRODUCTS WITHIN PRIVATE LAND e.g. BAMBOO, VINES, NIPA, ETC.)
- ISSUANCE OF CERTIFICATE OF VERIFICATION (CUTTING AND TRANSPORTING OF PLANTED AND NON PREMIUM TREES WITHIN PRIVATE LAND)
- APPLICATION FOR CHAINSAW REGISTRATION
- APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATE OF WILDLIFE REGISTRATION (CWR)
- ISSUANCE OF LOCAL TRANSPORT PERMIT FOR WILDLIFE (SELF PROPAGATED)
Republic of the Philippines
Department of Environment and
Visayas Avenue, Diliman, 1106
(632) 929-6626 to 29; 929-6252; 929-6633 to 35; 929-7041 to 43
MEMORANDUM FOR THE SECRETARY
THRU : Undersecretary for Administration, Finance and Legal
FROM : Team Leader, Citizen’s, Charter Team, Coordinator, Citizen’s, Charter Team
SUBJECT :DENR CITIZEN’S CHARTER
DATE : 14 January 2009
Pursuant to Republic Act No. 9485 entitled “An Act to Improve Efficiency in the Delivery of Government Service to the Public by Reducing Bureaucratic Red Tape, Preventing Graft and Corruption and Providing Penalties Thereof Otherwise Known as the Anti-Red Tape Act of 2007” dated 02 June 2007, Special Order No. 2008-761 dated 10 November 2008 created a Team to formulate the DENR Citizen’s Charter. Citizen’s Charter refers to an official document, a service standard, or a pledge that communicates in simple terms, information on the services provided by the government to its citizens. It describes the step-by-step procedure for availing a particular service and the guaranteed performance level that they may expect from the service.
I. LEGAL BASES
1. RA No. 9485 dated 02 June 2007
2. Civil Service Commission Resolution No. 081471 dated 24 July 2008 and took effect on 05 September 2008
3. Civil Service Commission Memorandum Circular No. 12, s. 2008, R.A. No. 9485 and Its Implementing Rules and Regulations dated 16 September 2008
4. Malacañang Administrative Order No. 241 dated 02 October 2008 entitled “Mandating the Speedy Implementation of republic Act No. 9485 Otherwise Known as the “Anti-Red Tape Act of 2007”
5. Special Order No. 761 dated 10 November 2008 entitled “Creating/ Designating a Core Team to Formulate the Agency Citizen’s Charter or DENR Service Standards Guidebook”
6. Special Order No. 2008-774 dated 12 November 2008, authorizing attendance to a three-day training/workshop on formulating a citizen’s charter at the Development Academy of the Philippines
7. Memorandum from the Secretary dated 16 December 2008
The law declares the policy of promoting integrity, accountability, proper management of public affairs and public property as well as to establish effective practices aimed to prevent graft and corruption in the government. The State shall take appropriate measures to promote transparency in each agency in transacting with the public and adopt simplified procedures that will reduce red tape and expedite transactions in the government.
The law tasked all offices and agencies within a year after the approval of the Act. Offices and agencies enjoined to undertake on a continuing basis programs to promote customer satisfaction and improve quality of service delivery and other related activities of officers and employees in frontline services. Frontline services refer to the processes or transactions between clients and government offices or agencies involving applications and acts upon the ordinary course of business of the office or agency concerned.
27 November 2008
03 December 2008
15 December 2008
06 January 2009
07 January 2009
08 January 2009
09 January 2009
12 January 2009
The team, assisted by the Directors of the CSC Central Office and NCR conducted workshops/ meetings and identified the eight (8) frontline services listed as follows:
Identified Frontline Services Lands
1. Application for Free Patent
2. Issuance of Survey Authority
3. Issuance of Certificate of Tree Plantation Ownership (CTPO) Not More Than 1,000 Hectares
4. Issuance of Certificate of Verification (Cutting/Transport Non-Wood Forest Products within Private Land e.g. Bamboo, Vines, Nipa, etc.)
5. Issuance of Certificate of Verification (Cutting and Transporting of Planted and Non-Premium Trees within Private Land)
6. Application for Chainsaw Registration
Protected Areas and Wildlife
7. Application for Certificate of Wildlife Registration (CWR)
8. Issuance of Local Transport Permit for Wildlife (Self-Propagated)
The DENR Citizen’s Charter is in accordance with the Civil Service Commission’s format. Identified frontlines services are those frequently rendered to the customer involving lands, forestry and protected areas and wildlife transactions. The re-engineered transactions are processed within a period of ten (10) working days for the complex transactions and five (5) working days for the simple transactions and does not include quasi-judicial transactions. Frontline services for the mines and environment shall be prepared by the respective bureaus in accordance with Special Order No. 2008-761.
The DENR Citizen’s Charter shall be in the form of information billboard to be posted at the main entrance of offices or at the most conspicuous place, and in the form of published materials written in English, Filipino, or in local dialect.
Attached are the proposed DENR Citizen’s Charter and Memorandum Circular for your approval and promulgation.
RAMON M. EZPELETA, CESOIV
Director, Administrative Service and Coordinator, Citizen’s Charter Team
ATTY. DANIEL M. NICER
OIC Director, Legal Service and Team Leader, Citizen’s Charter Team
Pursuant to Republic Act No. 9485, entitled “An Act to Improve Efficiency in the Delivery of Government Service to the Public by Reducing Bureaucratic Red Tape, Preventing Graft and Corruption, and Providing Penalties Thereof” dated 02 June 2007, the undersigned has adopted the recommendation of the Citizen’s Charter Team (CCT) constituted pursuant to DENR Special Order No. 2008-761, and hereby promulgates the following Citizen’s Charter for the DENR.
(Sgd.)JOSE L. ATIENZA JR.